Paper art is so much fun! It can be curved or folded in a multitude of ways. There are all different styles of paper with fun textures and different thicknesses. It's so versatile, you can take it out and make art on-the-go in places (like the car) where you can't really use paints or other art supplies very easily.
Invite your kids to explore different ways they can utilize paper in their art!
"Playing with Paper" is our topic this month in The Studio, and for inspiration we'll be learning all about the art of David Hockney, Robert Rauschenberg, and Henri Matisse.
Each of these three artists approached their art in very different ways, and what they came up with was truly spectacular!
We're diving deep into their art and their process this month, and YOU are invited to join us!
This month kids in The Studio will learn about:
- Materials and processes– how to make a photographic collage, an intro to using gouache, how to incorporate 'found objects' in your art
- The art movements of fauvism, abstract expressionism, and post modern art
- Using concepts like perspective, white space, cropping, and composition to make your art with purpose
It's going to be such an AMAZING month! We'll start our study on Monday, May 7, and members of The Studio will receive an easy to follow lesson plan each Monday!
Forget about planning and prepping your own art history lessons each week. I'm here to help! Come join us and see how much fun you and your kids can have with art!
If you are new to Art History Kids, and you haven't heard about The Studio... let me tell you a little bit about it!
The Studio is a monthly membership that helps you cover a new art history topic with your kids each month– effortlessly!
Your Membership Works Like This... You get:
- A new fun theme to explore each month. Every month, we'll follow the same blueprint.
- Week 1- Introduction and overview
- Week 2- Going deeper (focus on one aspect of the art, and learn more about the artist)
- Week 3- Connect the dots (relating the art to other subjects like science and literature)
- Week 4- Review and explore more
- Easy to follow lesson plans delivered each Monday. Begin your week with creativity! It's effortless with lesson plans from The Studio greeting you each Monday morning. You'll practice the art of conversation with pre-planned discussion guides and chat prompts that will lead you in some great art talks with your kids. Never wonder which book to read! Book lists are all researched for you. And, your kids will love the open-ended project ideas every week. They're always process-oriented, so the artistic journey is more important than the destination. Finally, you'll learn to implement The One Thing Theory. It's my secret trick that banishes homeschool overwhelm for good!
- Personalized feedback from me. Email me any time. I'll usually get back to you the same day.
- Access to Welcome Week. When you join, we'll spend a week looking at different aspects of the membership, and you'll get a guided tour to walk you through everything. I'll also share tips on how to set up an amazing art area for your kids, and how to store all of their masterpieces in an easy and organized system.
- Access to several months of archived lessons. There will be several months of previous activities waiting for you in addition to the current month's topic.
Here's what members are saying:
You can read lots more about The Studio, and if you feel your kids (and you!) would like to try it out, you can join us in March. There's no long term commitment... your membership is month-to-month, and this month only you'll have a chance to preview the membership for a full week before you are charged! See if it's right for you and your kids, and let me know if you have any questions. I'm always here to help.