Rembrandt lived a fascinating life!
He enjoyed spectacular success as a young artist, but later in life he suffered terrible tragedy and misfortune.
His biography reads like a modern day soap opera!
This month in The Studio, we'll be exploring some of the highlights and lowlights of this great master's life, and taking a closer look at the art he contributed to the Dutch Golden Age.
We'll find connections to the Italian Renaissance and learn how Rembrandt was influenced by calligraphy and prints made by Chinese Masters.
During the month your kids will be invited to create 4 amazing projects inspired by Rembrandt's work– ranging from a group portrait, a mythological or allegorical narrative, a tronie (if you aren't familiar with this word, you are in for some FUN as we study this special style of portrait!), and a landscape!
It's going to be an AMAZING month! We'll start our Rembrandt study on February 5, and members of The Studio will receive an easy to follow lesson plan each Monday!
Enrollment is open, so if this sounds like fun, I invite you to join us.
If you are already a member of Studio, I know you're just as excited about this upcoming study as I am!
If you are new to Art History Kids, and you haven't heard about The Studio... let me tell you a little bit about it!
The Studio is a monthly membership that helps you cover a new art history topic with your kids each month– effortlessly!
Your Membership Works Like This... You get:
- A new fun theme to explore each month. Every month, we'll follow the same blueprint.
- Week 1- Introduction and overview
- Week 2- Going deeper (focus on one aspect of the art)
- Week 3- Connecting the dots (relating it to other subjects)
- Week 4- Review and explore more
- Easy to follow lesson plans delivered each Monday. Begin your week with creativity! It's effortless with lesson plans from The Studio greeting you each Monday morning. You'll practice the art of conversation with pre-planned discussion guides and chat prompts that will lead you in some great art talks with your kids. Never wonder which book to read! Book lists are all researched for you. And, your kids will love the open-ended project ideas every week. They're always process-oriented, so the artistic journey is more important than the destination. Finally, you'll learn to implement The One Thing Theory. It's my secret trick that banishes homeschool overwhelm for good!
- Personalized feedback from me. Email me any time. I'll usually get back to you the same day.
- Access to Welcome Week. When you join, we'll spend a week looking at different aspects of the membership, and you'll get a guided tour to walk you through everything. I'll also share tips on how to set up an amazing art area for your kids, and how to store all of their masterpieces in an easy and organized system.
- Access to three months of Archived lessons. There will be 3 months of previous activities waiting for you in addition to the current month's topic.
Here's what members are saying:
You can read lots more about The Studio, and if you feel your kids (and you!) would like to try it out, you can join us in February. There's no long term commitment... your membership is month-to-month.