It's back to school time! You're probably in the midst of organizing all of the ideas you have for next year, and thinking about how you can incorporate art in an easy yet meaningful way.
Let's chat about it!
You probably know all of the benefits of an art education, and why art is so important. Art is definitely part of your plan, but you're just trying to figure out how you'll incorporate it into your overall school structure.
Do you plan to:
- Add art on as it's own study (doing picture studies, art appreciation, or some other type of unit study)
- Use art as a supplement to other subjects (draw what you just read about, nature journals for science, etc.)
- Create an environment that supports your kids creativity, and a lifestyle where art seamlessly fits in with everything else you do (basically a combination of the first two options)
Sometimes art gets "added on" as just another lesson to get through, or it's used to help reinforce literature studies or science. This is a good place to start, but when you learn to combine them as a lifestyle... that's where the magic happens.
Magic schmagic! I know what you're thinking. It's easy for me to say. I have a background in art. You don't know a Miro from a Van Gogh. You'd love to cultivate an artistic lifestyle with your kids but you wouldn't know where to start.
It's easier than you think, and next week I'm hosting a 5-day Art School Roadmap Challenge that will set you up for a spectacular year of creativity and meaningful art explorations with your kids.
Join me on July 30 for five days of tips and videos that will show you exactly how to:
- Set the stage – Learn how to create an inviting art space using only what you have on hand, or go deeper with some extra fun art supplies that will add a little spice to art time.
- Chat about it – Discover some quick and easy tips that will help you to have meaningful art conversations with your kids.
- Take it deeper – Find out how connecting your art activities with geography, literature, science, math, music, and other subjects strengthens their understanding of everything you study.
- Make it easy – Homeschool moms don't have time to research and plan everything from scratch. You need a low-prep strategy that you can rely on that's simple to implement and also adaptable for kids with different interests, talents, and skill sets. It sounds too good to be true, but there is a way... and I'll show you how.
Ready to join me? Let's explore the possibilities together with a week of FREE instruction that will inspire you, so you can inspire your kids! I can't wait to get started, and hopefully get to know you a little better in the process. You can enter your email in the box below to join The Art School Roadmap Challenge (it's totally free), and be sure to join the Art History Kids private Facebook group (also free) so we can connect and chat!